Welcome to our Primary Base
The Willows and The Beeches are an inclusive Primary provision with a strong commitment to supporting the young people who access a place to achieve the best possible outcomes regardless of their special educational needs.
All young people are offered a pathway that is suited to their needs to enable them to progress and develop their potential in a safe and nurturing environment.
Following referral from the Primary Inclusion Panel the SENCO supports in
- Reviewing and developing SEN Support Plans alongside relevant staff from school.
- Support with paperwork for TUF and EHCP applications.
- Writing Educational Advice to support TUF and EHCP applications.
- Helping to identify specific targeted interventions to support young people within each base.
- Helping to identify any further need and provision.
- Holding regular pupil progress meetings for staff, to review pupil placement, interventions, and resources and to adapt provision where necessary.
- Supporting our families with pupils with SEND formally through review meetings and informally through our “open door” approach. Families are also advised of other services and organisations which may offer further advice and support.
- Communicating with outside agencies and other professionals such as Speech and Language Therapy and the Educational Psychology Service to ensure each child’s needs are fully identified and understood and to learn from specialists how best to support our SEND pupils.
- Providing and sourcing on-going training to teachers, learning support assistants and teaching assistants in meeting pupils’ needs in the classroom.
- Liaising closely with mainstream and specialist schools at transition times to ensure SEND pupil information is clearly communicated and recommendations heard so that the move is as smooth as possible.
You can view the full contact details and maps on our website. Contact by telephone:
- The Beeches – 01740 656040 Option 2 Option 1
- The Willows – 01740656040 Option 2 Option 2
- J Lynas 07867143442
- L Mawdsley